Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Should mothers stay at home instead of work?

In the article, Does a full time Homemaker swap her mind for a mop, it says that those people who listen regularly to his talk shows now more about the economics, politics, current events, world affairs and so on compared to those who work full time. This is very intriguing to me because if I would be a full time working mom I would feel like I would know more about the world then someone who stays at home all day and take care of her children. I also really like how he describes that those who work aren't developing their mind as much as those who are in the home.
           I feel like it is very important for the mother to be educated because you never know what circumstances will occur in our lives. We need to be prepared for everything. But I feel like it is best to have a stay at home mom. I feel this way because we as mothers are the means to develop and teach our children. Yes they have school, but school can only go so far. They need the different type of learning that only a mother can give. I really like how even the prophets have also counseled that a women’s greatest work will be within the walls of her home. This testifies to me how important mothers are in the home. When we are home I still believe that we should keep ourselves updated in the worldy things because the trails that we went through in our lives will be different than what our children will have to go through and so I feel it is important to know about the world and the things that are currently happening. This information can be in books, articles, some television, community classes, blogs, newspapers you name it. If you are willing to learn for yourself and your children then you will be able to learn what is needed. 

http://www.dennisprager.com/does-a-full-time-homemaker-swap-her-mind-for-a-mop/


No comments:

Post a Comment